http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=59925421 Lotus - Estranged Love

- I am a copy cat reader - Friday, December 14, 2007


Yes I know many who are reading this or have read it recently. I actually baught this book months ago but have had some other book higher on my priority list. Then I kept seeing copies of this book laying around and decided that that was God trying to tell me "HEY remember that book you baught... It kinda is about me... and I want you to read it". So I have been trying to absorb every word written which is why I am only on page 100:-) But on page 100 I found this:


There is something quite beautiful about the Grand Canyon at night. There is something beautiful about a billion stars held steady by a God who knows what He is doing. (They hang there, the stars, like the notes on a page of music, free-form verse, silent mysteries swirling in the blue like jazz.) And as I lay there, it is occurred to me that God is up there some where. Of course, I had always known He was, but this time I felt it, I realized it, the way a person realizes they are hungry or thirsty. The knowledge of God seeped out of my brain and into my heart. I imahined Him looking down on this earth, half angry because His beloved mankind had cheated on Him, had committed adultery, and yet hopelessly in love with her, drunk with love for her.
~Donald Miller
Blue like Jazz

Thank you Donald Miller for putting in words how I am feeling!

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Blogger sunshine said...

this book is freakin a'mazing. like SO GOOD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Moi

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Holly McTaggart
16
oc
ca
Christian

Likes

Friends
beach
sunsets
God
concerts
movies
summer


Mes Amies

Mom
Brent w
Andrew s
Allison h
Carson l
David u
David h
Jeremy h
Taffy t
Cassandra o
Jason l
Kendra
Brianna from Kansas
Heather from Kansas
Rachel Styffe
Micheal s
Riley
Jay k
Brian f
HSM
Band



The Present

wow life
wow...1 month
... videos?...?
photo caption contest#1
Boredom and google
JASON
HOMECOMING 2007
Haha so watch this video!!!!
Someone is out to make my life difficult...
Hrmm...


The Past



LAYOUT

Layout is by TornGemini

Powered by Blogger